Hello, you've reached Megan's voice-blog. I'm not here right now, I'm still busy living large in VEGAS. So if you need me try looking at the black jack tables, at the pool cabanas, or dancing it up all over the town. If you love the casual post I've left for you on this lovely friday, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP. :)
here is a quick friday post to keep you entertained. just an easy outfit, but if you know me, this is sort of outside my box! JEANS? what? Megan doesn't wear jeans! well usually no, but since the hubby was treating me it was his request. Jeans are his favorite thing on me, and my least favorite thing to wear. It always kills me how everyone and their mom says that they are so comfy. Am I just missing it? my jeans are always hideously uncomfortable. not that I think they don't look good on most girls, I just can't stand how they feel.
On another quick note, I was tagged by the lovely and awesome Ash of Forever Ash
in Honest Scrap. Woo thanks love! So here goes, ten things about moi.
1. I am completely obsessed with Broadway musicals. They pretty much fill up my entire ipod. And I absolutely must listen to them when I clean my house. There is something so cathartic for me about cleaning and singing show tunes. weird? you bet. I also secretly hope that one day I will wake up and my life will have turned into a musical, complete with spontaneous song numbers and choreographed dance routines. Cause what isn't more fun when your singing and dancing about it? nothing, thats what. Go watch GLEE right now, and tell me you don't want your life to be like that. srsly.
2. One of my great passions in life is working with animals. kind of goes against the whole fashionista thing, but I don't care. My husband calls me his own personal dog whisperer. Stray animals always seem to find me, not the other way around. He will always try to stop to help, but they run away from him. Where ever we are, animals seem to run over to me, on the street, the park, where ever. He says its my aura. We have 2 dogs of our own, and are always fostering another. Before I moved, I used to volunteer at my favorite shelter twice a month. It was 3 hours away in a really rural area of Lake County Ca, that needed lots of help. Anyways, if you are looking for a pet, PLEASE ADOPT FROM YOUR LOCAL SHELTER. and SPAY AND NEUTER. so important.
3. Here's a shorter one. I have 4 tattoos. 1 across my lower back that I drew myself (flower, vines, pretty stuff), 1 on my side (the Kanji symbol for friendship, gotten with besties in high school), 1 on my wrist (Kanji symbol for true love, thanks hunny!), and 1 on my hip (in honor of John Lennon, the word "imagine" with a shooting star. that man is a genius).
4. Though I have been to so many wonderful places in the world, I will always believe that Chicago is the best city on earth. I love me some San Francisco, some London, some Venice, and some Paris. But Chicago is the best. Seriously New York, don't even talk to me, Chicago kicks your butt. Its such a fantastic city and it will always be home to me.
5. On a similar note, I would sell just about everything I own to see the Chicago Cubs win the World Series. Seriously all my clothes, my car, my dogs, my husband.... just kidding. or maybe not. lol
6. I have a secret stash of reduced fat oreos for my bad days. They are hidden from my husband and dogs. yes its bad. and no I don't resort to them that often. and no, you can't have any.
7. My favorite TV show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. weird? um ya. I own all 7 seasons on DVD, its the best.
8. I studied English and Theater in college, and have a deep love for the classically studied writers: Austen, Bronte, Ibsen, Kafka, Chekov, Wilde, Shakespeare, Albee, Orwell, oh the list goes on and on. Can you tell I'm a big reader? Anyways, the secret here is that while I am a total literary snob, on the down low I really enjoy reading trashy teen novels. seriously, love me some YA section at the book store. Yes, I did read all the gossip girl books poolside. Yes I did wait in line for each and every Harry Potter book. and Yes I do love Twilight. and Yes I did make tshirts with my friends and go to the midnight showing last year. and Yes I am going to do it again this year. sigh. and Yes, I am a huge nerd.
9. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. problem? yeah.
10. I have a top 10 list of my favorite movies of all time. While some are constantly changing and rotating, the one that always seems to be on there is..... Hook. lol does anyone remember that movie. The one about Peter Pan? My brother and I were OBSESSED with this movie as children. and we still talk about how much we love it. other childhood favs.... Homeward Bound, and the Nightmare Before Christmas. Do yourself a favor and check them out.
jeeeeez my list was long. Sorry I am so long winded and narcissistic! lol
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. leave me a note and let me know all about it!