2.28.2009

The Return of the Vampire Slayer?


Guilty pleasures.

We all have them.

Some may even be quite embarrassing.

To clear the air, there are many embarrassing guilty pleasures that I have.  For one, I love musicals.  And I don't just love them.  I mean I freaking ADORE them.  You could probably find every musical ever made on my ipod.  And I have to listen to them when I clean.  Its strange, I know.  But folding laundry and vacuuming just isn't them same without blasting Wicked and singing at the top of your lungs.

Since I am staying with my mother in law while the Hubby is in boot camp, this is a guilty pleasure that my in laws recently discovered while I was cleaning my room last weekend.

MUCH to their dismay.

I digress.  Aside from my other guilty pleasures.  Bad gossip magazines, teen novels (always embarassed when I'm caught in the teen section of Borders), mexican food, and of course shoes, I have one obsession that is nerdier than the rest.

And lets face it, I am an absolute nerd at heart.

My favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Ok, seriously go ahead and laugh.

But I LOVE that show.  Always have, always will.  And I will debate you to the death about the genius writing, the complex story lines, and the unique characters.  It was a cult following that was never given enough credit.  In this day and age for any show to remain on the year for seven years, it must be doing something right.  

Anyways, the brains behind Buffy (also known for a little film known as Toy Story) has struck again in the form of a new show called Dollhouse.  It is 3 episodes in, and I am officially labeling it my new guilty pleasure. Joss Whedon seriously has my heart for making a show worth watching again.  I can only hope that it doesn't get lost in the mix of all the bad reality tv shows out there.  Survivor, American Idol (HATE IT), dancing with the stars (really?), and don't even get me started on the MTV crap. 

So is this the return of the vampire slayer? Well she certainly is no Sarah Michelle Gellar, but our favorite five by five rogue slayer is back.  Thats right, Faith, or Eliza Dusku has the title role of Echo in dollhouse.  If you like sci fi then you really need to check it out.  Some other cast favorites have returned in this reincarnation. Let me know when you spot them.

here is a synopsis....

Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls". The Dolls have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments (referred to as engagements). The new persona is not an original creation, however, but an amalgam of different, existing personalities. The end result incorporates some of the flaws, not just the strengths, of the people used as templates. The Actives are then hired out for particular jobs – crimes, fantasies, and the occasional good deed. On engagements, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristicdormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse".


that is all.

ciao for now :)

Xoxo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails